When will the person or persons responsible for Teoh Beng Hock’s death be brought to book?
After six years of legal battles, MACC finally admitted to negligence on their part resulting in Teoh Beng Hock’s death in 2009.
However, there must be a complete closure for this tragedy and the police must do their utmost to bring person or persons responsible for Teoh’s death to book.
On September 5 last year, the Court of Appeal set aside the open verdict by a coroner into Teoh's death in 2009, ruling that “a person or persons were responsible” for his death.
On the following day, Federal Criminal Investigation Department director Datuk Seri Mohmad Salleh told the media that police would relook Teoh's case to decide if it should be reclassified as murder.
He said Bukit Aman had formed a special team to reopen the investigations into Teoh’s death.
MACC also issued a statement and said that they would leave it to the police to conduct
investigations and the Attorney-General to decide whether anyone should be prosecuted.
On March 16 this year, IGP Tan Sri Khalid also said that to ensure that there is justice for all parties including the family of the late Teoh; police needed time to conduct the investigation from various angles.
It has been more than 8 months since the Police reopened investigations, the Attorney General and the Inspector General of Police should tell Malaysians the progress of investigation including what actions that have been taken.
Were the MACC officers implicated arrested for questioning, if not, why?
How much more time will the Police need to complete the investigation?
The Teoh family have suffered and waited for six long years for MACC to finally admit their negligence.
There must be no further delay on the part of the Police to find the truth and the culprits who caused Teoh‘s death.