Samy Vellu to contest Ipoh Barat parliament seat?

Media statement by M Kula Segaran, DAP National Vice Chairman and MP for Ipoh Barat in Ipoh 3rd April 2013
I welcome former MIC President Datuk Samy Vellu to contest in Ipoh Barat
 
Today, all over Ipoh, banners have been put up with words written on them as follows “Kami mahu Dato Seri S.Samy Vellu sebagai calon BN di P.65 Ipoh Barat “we want Dato’ Seri Utama S.Samy Vellu as BN Candidate in P.65 Ipoh Barat.
 
The words in the banners amuse me.





 I am very glad to agree for Dato Seri Samy Vellu to contest in Ipoh Barat. In fact I am even willing to show him around my constituency if he is coming to Ipoh Barat. 
 
I will be most glad to show Samy Vellu the many issues he can assist 1) squatters 2) landless situation 3) the need for a Chinese school to be build in Bercham 4) The need for inner city flats and low cost housing for the lower income group 5) the need to upgrade Sg. Pari flats and Waller Court Flats 6) the need to arrest the ever increasing crime rate etc
 
Ipoh Barat has one of the largest numbers of Indian voters in the county. Presently, nearly 25% or 1 in 4 voters in Ipoh Barat are Indians. Thus it is not surprising to see these banners urging Samy Vellu to take me on.
 
It is possible that Samy Vellu’s supporters could be behind the banners. Samy’s supporters are many in MIC and it is not a surprise that they want him to make a comeback. And one way for him will be to contest in the coming elections.
 
The banners message could well be a way to remind the public on the possibility of Samy contesting in the coming general election as he was only recently appointed a coordinator of Sg. Siput seat. As Devamany has been slotted to contest in Sg. Siput, thus Samy’s supporters want him to contest Ipoh Barat as Samy knows the area quite well.
 
Another possibility of the intended message of these banners could be to prevent me from leaving Ipoh Barat to contest in Segamat, Johore.  
 
May be supporters of Human Resources Minister  Datuk Subramanim don’t want me to go and contest in Segamat as  I have said I am most ready to go anywhere in the country to contest under the DAP banner if I am so asked by my party to do so following speculation that I may be asked to contest in Johore.
 
It was only a few days ago that I had visited Segamat together with DAP Parliamentary leader Sdr Lim Kit Siang. 
 
Whatever could be the possibility, Samy Vellu is most welcome to contest in Ipoh Barat.    
 

Comments