Umno and BN are just too rotten and arrogant to change.



I spoke on Sunday at the PKR Tambun service center. I spoke in Tamil as most of those who attended the function were Indians. Tambun constituency has over 15% Indians.

Among the matters i said were:

For some time, there has been speculation that the prime minister will call for snap polls. Such speculation has gained momentum after BN’s victories in the Galas and Batu Sapi by elections.

Latest speculation is that Datuk Sri Najib may just call for snap parliamentary polls in March or April next year.

BN’s yesterday’s decision to accept members directly into the coalition with immediate effect is also seen as a sign that snap polls are imminent.

The important question that Perak PR supporters want to know is – can PR recapture Perak state power and make Najib become the federal opposition leader?

My answer is a big Yes. But we must not take things for granted.
We must admit that the Galas and Batu Sapi by election results should serve as wake up call for PR.
We must quickly rectify our weaknesses, chart out new strategies as well as effectively reach out to the people.

We must work harder.

I believe that for Malaysians who want to see a fair, just and better for all Malaysians, PR is still the best choice.

Umno and BN are just too rotten and arrogant to change.

Latest example is the “weak sense of patriotism is a factor for non Malays’ reluctance to join the army “remark by the defence minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid.

Despite the fact that his remarks have attracted heavy criticism all round, including rebuke from even BN MPs. he even challenged me to join the Territorial Army to prove my patriotism.

Let me tell Ahamd Zahid that I don’t have to prove my patriotism by joining the army. Neither should anyone’s patriotism be challenged to prove his patriotism or prove it by joining the army.
We in the PR who have been fighting to bring about a better Malaysia are definitely patriotic Malaysians.

In fact, a defence minister who dares question the patriotism or loyalty of any race should be immediately sacked.

Let’s see if the prime minister will drop him from the imminent Cabinet reshuffle or at least demote him.

After the recent Perak DAP party election, I was asked more than once whether I will quit DAP or politics.

Let me reiterate that I will not quit DAP or politics. I will continue to play my role to help ensure the success of PR’s electoral objectives of recapturing Perak state power as well take over the Federal government.

The Opposition lost Ijok by election in April 2007 but bounced back in a big way in the subsequent general election held in March 2008.

Let Galas and Batu Sapi be Ijok.

Let’s work hard to regain our political momentum and create another political tsunami in the coming general election to deal the BN its worst ever electoral debacle.
21/11/10

Comments