Challenge MCA and PPP to state their stand on Ketuanan Melayu concept

Last Sunday, a group of BN and NGO members held a demonstration outside the DAP Perak office, in protest against me and DAP MP for Taiping, Nga Kor Ming for allegedly raising sensitive issues which could threaten racial harmony in the country.

In response to previous police reports lodged and articles written against me, I have publicly explained that Ketuanan Melayu concept has nothing to do with the position of the Rulers and that such concept is not found in the Constitution.

The allegations that I have questioned the Malay special rights under Article 153 of the Constitution or the position of the Rulers are therefore false and baseless.

What I had said in Parliament on the question of Ketuanan Melayu was that this concept is a hindrance to national unity.

I still maintain today that genuine racial and national unity could only be achieved when all are treated as equal masters . Moreover, Ketuanan Melayu is a political concept propagated by UMNO for its political interest only.

The question of me making an apology hence does not arise .

I am not surprised that those who have wrong understanding of the Ketuanan Melayu concept will react emotionally against my raising the issue in Parliament .

I can also expect some who want to politicise or manipulate the issue will want to lodge police reports or hold demonstration against me.

I was nevertheless surprised that MCA and PPP youth leaders were present at the Sunday demonstration.

But ultimately they have to accept one fact as recently said by Minister in the Prime Minister's Department, Datuk Mohd Nazri-- that Ketuanan Melayu concept is not compatible with 1 Malaysia concept.

Nazri was right to say that we cannot be talking about Ketuanan an Melayu on one hand and at the same time , talk about 1 Malaysia concept.

Since MCA and PPP youth leaders were present at the demonstration , I wish to challenge the national MCA and PPP leadership to make clear their stand on the issue of Ketuanan Melayu concept.

Do they agree with my stand that Ketuanan Melayu concept is a hindrance to national unity in the country?

Do they agree with Nazri's view that Ketuanan an Melayu concept is not compatible with the Prime Minister's 1 Malaysia concept?

Do they agree that the Ketuanan Melayu concept should be dropped and replaced with Ketuanan Rakyat Malaysia concept?

Comments