Sarawasthy English Language Challenge

 I attended the Sarawasthy English Language Challenge over the weekend, a competition in proficiency of the English language, where I had the pleasure of meeting many students, teachers, and headmasters of Tamil schools across the country. 

In my address, I emphasised importance of mastering English whilst prioritising our national language as well. As mentioned earlier this year by Prime Minister, Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim as well, a good command of English is essential in this day and age to succeed on the international stage as it is a language widely used overseas. Our students must therefore master the same to succeed and progress professionally not only domestically, but internationally as well.

Further, I also took the opportunity to speak with the teachers and headmasters of Tamil schools present on various issues plaguing the Indian community and heard their concerns on the same. As teachers see the hardships faced by their students on a daily basis, it is important we as policymakers speak to them to hear views and concerns on current issues affecting the community. I thank them for sharing their views and concerns with me.







Comments